Mobile marketing has steadily been growing within the last few years and it is expected to double every year for the next five years, as more and more people get smartphones or other wireless mobile devices. Marketing experts predict Mobile Marketing will grow into an $20 billion industry.
If you're still in the Dark Ages, and wondering what Mobile Marketing is; it is a way to engage with those customers who just use wireless devices like smartphones, iPads and tablets to use the web. The key word here's "engage" - building relationships with your customers.
Mobile Marketing is another preferred way of marketing for your customers as they have to give you permission to do this. This includes clicking on a link to opt in, or downloading an app. Your customer can buy your offer immediately and even pay for it from his mobile device, giving instant gratification.
One more reason why mobile marketing is preferred, may be the demographics: your mobile user's age group comes from 18 to 49 who will often have a diploma and a higher paying occupation in order to be in a position to pay the device.
Other advantages of mobile marketing:
1. It's less expensive than other forms of advertising, only a normal text fee.
2. You are able to reach out to people anywhere - you aren't restricted to your physical area, but to wherever the mobile phone is you are trying to reach.
3. The response rates are greater than with a flyer or classified advertising.
4. The mobile phone is a personal item owned by only one person. You can therefore target your marketing more precisely to that individual or a group like him.
5. The mobile device has joined the wallet and keys as something you usually tote around. Which means that you can reach your customer anywhere at any time and they will read your message very quickly and act on it.
6. It is easy to pay from the mobile device as payment processors are built into them.
7. You can track the instalments to the mobile number meaning you may create a profile of your customer and the buying preferences.
8. You can accurately appraise the rate of success of your advertising due to being able to track sales.
9. The mobile is extremely interactive as your customer can text back to you with questions should he have any.
10. Wow factor - as mobile marketing is rather new, most customers haven't experienced it yet. This makes you and your messages stick out.
11. Your customer can certainly share his messages with other people, which provides your advertisements the potential to visit viral.
You owe it to your business to check out mobile marketing like a new tool for advertising straight to your target audience.